Hi, I’m Sheryl. I am a mom of two daughters and three grandchildren. My life as a wife and mother began at a very young age, and I have been married for almost 30 years to my wonderful husband. We live in a small town in south-central Kentucky. As my full time job, I am a Reading Interventionist/teacher at an elementary school, and I work with students in kindergarten through 3rd grade.
I started this blog because I love cooking. My cooking “career” began when I was very young, and I learned from my mom and grandmothers. My husband also loves to cook, and we have a great time together in the kitchen trying to learn new things. We have a deal that one person cooks and the other cleans it up, but I get the better end of that deal, because I’m a very messy cook! I have had no formal training, just a genuine love of cooking! It makes me happy to see people eating and enjoying the food I have prepared.
I’m a southern girl at heart, born and raised! I love living in the south and can’t imagine missing out on simple things like listening to crickets at night, fishing, and eating pinto beans and cornbread. We love to to be outside and enjoy the warm summer breezes.
My first memory of cooking was with my grandmother who was making homemade biscuits. I remember standing in a chair and cutting them out using a green, Gerber, baby cup. Later, I cooked a lot for my family by helping my mother. I remember trying out new dishes and testing things on them, hoping it would be a success. It was then I discovered my love for cooking. After I married, my husband jokingly told me he married me for my cooking, because after all, the best way to man’s heart is through his stomach.
Some interesting facts about me:
- I’ve been teaching for nine years
- I have a principal certification
- I went to Harvard to study in a principal program
- Most people think my daughters are my sisters and my grandchildren are my kids, this makes me happy
- The ocean is my happy place
- I enjoy decorating with modern farmhouse decor
- I love flowers and gardening
- I like to watch crime investigation shows with forensic science (I met Joe Kenda)
- I’m a Louisville Cardinal fan, Go CARDS!