Baked Cheesy Potatoes
Potatoes are so yummy and they are so versatile! It’s unlimited what you can do to them and the best part is they will be good. But! It’s even better when you have a fast and easy way to change it up. These Baked Cheesy Potatoes are always a hit! They go with everything and are so easy to make.
All you need to make these potatoes are:
- olive oil or butter
They would also be great for camping, just wrap them in aluminum foil and place on a grill.
When you’re cutting up the potatoes, cut them into about 1 inch or bite size pieces.
Then roughly chop the onion. It’s ok if it has some larger pieces.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Now you’re ready to bake the potatoes. If it is possible try to shred your own cheese. I usually do this while the potatoes are baking in the oven. A few years ago my sister-in law bought me this awesome Kitchen Aid Cheese Shredder. It shreds it right into the bowl and then it has lid so you can store the extra. I highly recommend this handy tool. You will love it!
Baked Cheesy Potatoes
Cheesy potatoes baked in the oven with butter or olive oil, onion, salt, and pepper. They are easy, delicious, and go with just about anything.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Side Dishes
- Cuisine: American
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, or melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, you can add more if you want them really cheesy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease bottom of baking sheet with cooking spray or oil
- Peel and cut potatoes into about 1 inch bite size pieces
- Roughly chopped small onion
- Shred about 4 ounces of cheddar cheese
- Spread potatoes out on baking sheet so there is only one level of potatoes
- Spread onion over potatoes
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over onions and potatoes
- Pour oil or melted butter over the onions and potatoes
- Toss until evenly coated
Cover with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Take off the foil and turn potatoes to keep from burning on the bottom. Cover and bake for another 15 minutes.
Next, spread shredded cheddar over potatoes and place back into oven uncovered for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Busy Parent Tip: If you don’t have time to shred the cheese, packaged pre-shredded cheese will work fine too, but it may take a little longer to melt in the oven.
Variation: I have left the peeling on the potatoes, and it is just as good, but it may take a little longer to cook.
These are great for camping.
Keywords: baked cheesy potatoes, baked cheesy potatoes covered or uncovered, baked cheesy potatoes sliced, baked cheesy potatoes tasty, baked diced cheesy potatoes, baked potatoes, cheesy potatoes, cheesy potatoes with real potatoes, easy cheesy potato bake recipe, easy cheesy potatoes, easy potatoes, homemade cheesy potatoes, how do you make cheesy potatoes in the oven, how long do you bake cheesy potatoes, oven potatoes, potatoes, potatoes and cheese, quick and easy potatoes